You: “Wouldn’t it be great if my book was an audiobook on Audible
— and professionally narrated?”
I’m Ben Hauck. I narrate audiobooks for authors and audiobook publishers from my New York City recording studio.
Over the years, I’ve won contracts to produce audiobooks for a number of authors’ new books and ebooks.
My Audiobook Service
- For 1 book you provide, I will record high-quality, professional narration mastered to meet ACX standards for sale on Audible.
- I charge by word count. My rate is 3.333¢ per word, equivalent to $5 per 150 words. I offer discounts on audiobooks above 50,000 words.
- I include a reasonable number of modifications, if needed.
- I strive to deliver ASAP. Because audiobooks can require large blocks of time, my delivery schedule depends on my current availability. With that said, I typically deliver ahead of schedule.
- Pay now by credit card or Paypal.
- I do not provide background music, but I will mix in background music you provide to me.
- I do not provide cover art or any design elements for your audiobook.
- I do not upload the audio files to ACX.com.
Have a question before you order? Contact me.
If you’d like a sample read, email me a snippet of your text to read, any other information you have about your book like its length, plus your budget.
My audiobook narration covers a wide range of fiction and nonfiction genres, ranging from minutes long to nearly 13 hours.
I’ve narrated suspenseful thrillers, monster-filled science fiction, horror stories, poignant business texts, and inspirational coaching books. I’ve even narrated a range of children’s books. Many of these audiobooks are currently available on Audible.
Interested in ordering the audiobooks?
You can use the provided Amazon affiliate links. -Ben
Some narrators record their part, then hand the recordings off to someone else to do the editing, mixing, and mastering.
Me? I do it all.
I provide great attention to detail and transparent communication about my progress. I work hard to make your audiobook perfect.
My Typical Workday
My typical recording day is a 10- to 12-hour day.
- In the morning, I record about 8,000-10,000 words, which takes a few hours.
- Then, I finish up the morning by editing out evident mistakes in my recording, which I’ve marked while I recorded.
- After lunch, I follow with a quality-control listen (“QC”). This is the longest part of the process. During QC, I listen to what I’ve recorded that day, catch any additional mistakes, and make sure the recording meets my quality standards.
- By around dinner, I deliver to you what I’ve recorded for the day for your review. I repeat over the next several says until I’m done.
- After I’ve heard back from you on any requested modifications, I master the audiobook files to ACX standards and deliver to you your audiobook, which you can then upload to ACX.com.
In general, it takes 1-2 days to pre-read your book and ask you any questions I might have about the text. Recording 8,000-10,000 words a day, a 40,000-word audiobook takes about 5-7 full workdays to produce from start to finish.
Ben is the absolute best in the business. He brought to life just the way i visualized the story to be told. Ben is extremely professional, communicative, easy to work with and meets all of his deadlines. I will certainly be working with him for all of my future projects – Thanks for everything Ben.
— Sumit Kar, Author
Phenomenal. Ben Hauck went above and beyond my expectations. He was clear, concise, set clear timelines, and delivered at A+ project in the most professional way possible. I was shocked at how fast Ben could create an outstanding result. I will definitely be working with him in the future when new projects arise.
— Phil Pham, Author
INCREDIBLE, incredible work on this project. Ben went above and beyond on timelines, quality, and narrating a polished, beautiful audiobook for us. I cannot recommend him enough, and will be working with him on all my future audiobooks […] (you literally won’t be able to stop listening to him — I can’t, and I wrote the book!)
— Julia McCoy, Author
Ben is such an amazing talent, who comes with simply the highest recommendation I can give for your audiobook or any other narration you need. More than that though, he truly cares. He wants the project he is working on to be 100% right for you. His communication throughout the project was perfect and I know he worked long hours to get this completed on time. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have found him for my narration.
— Martin John, Author
Ben Hauck is an exceptional narrator and exceeded my expectations. He is an excellent communicator and his level of professionalism is second to none. He is very creative. He completed and delivered the order way ahead of schedule. It has been a pleasure to work with Ben, one of his most important skill sets his ability to execute the project with integrity and passion, and his commitment to excellence. I highly recommend Ben’s services to anyone looking for a professional narrator or voiceover artist.
— William Valmyr, Author & Leadership Consultant
What an awesome process this was. I really enjoyed working with Ben. He’s incredibly talented and very easy to work with. I’ll definitely be working with him again when I finish writing Thomas Orbitz 2.
— Evan Thompson, Author (Thomas Orbitz: Marked by Fire)
Ben is outstanding! He works fast, communicates VERY well, and is extremely professional. He created a super high-quality audiobook for us at lightning speed! Thanks, man!
— Josiah Rosenberger, Ghost Writer
Ben was an absolute pleasure to work with. He works tirelessly to not only get the project done on time but also to make sure that it 100% perfect. He has captured the voice and personalities of each character and I really cannot recommend him enough. If you are looking for a voice artist, Ben is your man. Thank you so much.
— Martin John, Author
I’m very impressed and pleased with Ben’s work, He’s very knowledgeable about what it takes to narrate a book in voiceover. I will definitely continue to do business with him and also refer. I don’t think i could have found a better voiceover person to bring my book to life. If you are looking for a voiceover guy, Ben is your man!!!
— Tonya Millionaire Ray, Author
Ben was very professional and patient. He delivered a beautifully recorded book. I am very happy with the finished product. Thanks a million!!!
— V.V. Ayala, Author
Amazing service. Really happy with the final outcome of Little Elf Ray Audiobook. Ben was a pleasure to work with and extremely talented!
— Ross Hammond, Author
Very Professional and answered all questions I had. He even finished faster than expected with no issues. I will be returning soon for more audio.
— Corey Smith, Author
The finished product is incredible. Hire Ben today!!
— Victoria Allen, Author
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.